Wonderfully easy, crowd pleasing fusilli spirals with creamy sauce - this is a staple dish you'll want to come back to again and again.
- 1 pack of My Dilly Bag Tomato, Garlic & Native Thyme Fusilli Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Leek (large, stems removed, finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms (white or brown, cut in half if small or quarters if large)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (pressed)
- 1/2 cup Peas (frozen)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 and 1/2 cups Cream (heavy for whipping)
- 1/2 teaspoon My Dilly Bag Wild Salt'n'Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dill (chopped fresh or frozen - use parsley as substitute)
- Handful Parmesan or Vegan Cheese / Yeast Flakes (optional)
Pasta: Cook pasta per instructions, drain, rinse and set aside. Keep 1/2 cup of the pasta water for later.
Sauce: Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil and the leeks, sauté for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms, garlic and peas, and sauté uncovered, stirring often for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
Deglaze pan by adding the water and cream, reduce uncovered.
Add cooked pasta to the pan. If too dry, add the reserved pasta water to moisten.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add most of the dill or alternative herbs and toss through.
Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with remaining herbs and cheese.